8) BLEST BE THE LORD

 


BLEST BE THE LORD


A                Bm  E                  A-F#M7

Blest  be the Lord, blest be the Lord


                 Bm   E7                 A  A7

The God of mercy, the God who saves. 

                Bm E7              A-F#m7

I shall not fear the dark of night, 

             Bm          E7        A

Nor the arrow that flies by day.


D          E                    D               A

He will release me from the nets of all my foes

E        D                        A       A7

He will protect me from their wicked hands.

D            E7                D            A     E

Beneath the shadow of His  wings  I will rejoice

             D        E      A  A7

To find a dwelling place secure.  (Antiphon).


(same chords as 1st verse)

I need not shrink before the errors of the night

Nor stand alone before the light of day.

No harm shall come to me, 

No arrow strikes me down.

No evil settles in my soul.  (Antiphon


No comments:

Post a Comment